CELS-Managed Windows Computers
Follow the instructions here: BIS Printing Instructions
Self-Managed Windows Computers
How do I add a printer?
- On your keyboard, press “win” + “R” keys at the same time to open a “Run Command”
- Type “control printers” without quotes into the dialogue box and press the enter key.
- Click on “Add printer”. This will begin a search for available printers.
- On windows 10, click on the sentence “The printer I am looking for isn’t listed.” This will allow you to enter the printer manually.
- On windows 11, after a short while of searching, an “Add manually” button will appear under the “add printer” button. Select it and you will be able to add a printer manually.
- Select the “add a shared printer” bubble and enter the following into the form, substituting “PrinterName” for the name of the printer:
- Select the driver for the printer. If it is not available in the dialogue box, you can download the driver from here and install it with the “Have Disk” option.
- Print a test page to ensure the printer installed correctly.